Liam’s approach is warm and compassionate as he seeks to understand a person’s own unique experience, context, and how it impacts on behaviour. Liam is guided by the philosophy that every person strives for and has the capacity to fulfil their own potential for a rich, full, and meaningful life. He take a trauma informed approach with his practice to create a supportive and safe environment for people to heal and grow.
Liam’s main therapeutic approaches draw upon Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Schema Therapy, and specific trauma treatment protocols such as Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Liam takes to his work with clients with sense of passion and purpose. His varied life experiences allow him to connect well with people from all walks of life.
Liam has experience and interest working with client in the following areas:
- Trauma related conditions
- Stress and adjustment problems
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Anxiety related conditions
- Depression and mood related issues
- Couples therapy and relationship issues
- Interpersonal issues and attachment
- Sleep and fatigue issues
- Self-esteem, confidence and assertiveness
- Grief and bereavement
- Workplace issues & challenges
- General mental health and wellbeing
- Personal growth and development