Key information you should know
- Older people are at risk of isolation, loneliness and mental health concerns as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Clear Health Psychology are working collaboratively with WA Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA) to deliver in-reach support for older adults & carers in need of mental health support.
- Get in touch with us to book an appointment for you or a loved one.
Clear Health Psychology is working collaboratively with the WA Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA) to deliver in-reach support for older adults & carers needing mental health support. Older adults can be at risk of isolation, loneliness and mental health concerns as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- You may have needs associated with ongoing mental health issues, which may require psychological therapies and/or referral to more specialised support.
- We know many older people have physical health needs, which require tailored management and support.
- You may be experiencing loneliness and require assistance to reconnect with social networks.
You can self – refer or attain a referral to the program by getting your allied health provider to fill in this form
How can this service help you?
- Connect older people to appropriate services and support.
- Connect carers with much needed mental health support and counselling if needed.
- Reconnect older people with social networks.
- Restore access to services that may have been disrupted by the pandemic.
- Enable early intervention and, where appropriate, provide psychological therapies to improve mental health & wellbeing
Who is eligible?
- Non-indigenous adults aged 65 years and over, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples aged 55 years and over living in the community.
- Family, friends and carers of older adults, deemed eligible, including family and carers of Residents receiving services under WAPHA’s Psychological Treatment Services for people with mental illness in Residential Aged Care Program.
How do I get referred to the program?
Access to this program is easy. Your GP or Allied Health Professional just needs to complete the referral form.
Allied Health Providers include:
- Registered Nurses
- Occupational Therapist
Completed referral forms can be faxed to 08 6313 6476 or emailed to email@example.com
If you’re not sure how to be referred to the program or have an enquiry, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Psychological Counselling Service in Residential Aged Care Facilities
To learn more about our aged care counselling services in Perth in aged care facilities please contact our Aged Care Team at Clear Health Psychology on (08) 6424 8177
We offer both face-to-face and telehealth appointments.
Referral to our Aged Care Counselling Service: