Key information you should know
- The passage to parenthood can be filled with many physical and emotional stressors.
- The arrival of a baby can create mixed emotions, as parents adjust to parenthood.
- A psychologist in the perinatal field has an in-depth knowledge of the issues facing women and couples during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
Perinatal anxiety and/or depression affects up to 1 in 5 new mums and up to 1 in 10 new dads. The severity of postnatal anxiety and depression depends on the intensity, frequency and type of symptoms, and how much they interfere with your ability to function in daily life.
How can we help?
The perinatal experience is unique and different of each person. Our team of psychologists and social workers can assist with providing strategies and support for the following:
- Perinatal Depression and Anxiety
- Traumatic Birth Experience
- Miscarriage and Loss
- Increased Stress
- Low Parenting confidence
- General Perinatal Concerns
- Difficulty Adjusting to Parenthood
Book an appointment with an experienced perinatal psychologist or social worker at Clear Health Psychology
Many of our psychologists and social workers are experienced in helping clients to navigate through the perinatal period, with strategies and support to help you thrive.
Call our friendly team to book your appointment today or book online through our website.