Key information you should know
- The purpose of this initiative is to provide evidence-based psychological services to people who may not otherwise be able to access psychology.
- Clear Health Psychology are working collaboratively with WA Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA) to deliver this initiative to clients living in residential aged care facilities.
- Phone us today if you have a family member or resident living in an aged care facility that you feel could benefit from seeing a psychologist.
Clear Health Psychology is a WA owned and operated psychology practice conveniently located in 16 locations in the Perth metropolitan area.
Psychologists will travel to residential aged care facilities to work with clients and aged care healthcare professionals to advocate for the needs of residents and focus on supporting their mental health and wellbeing. We work from an evidence-based framework and provide a collaborative service which is responsive to the needs of older people.
Residents who may benefit from psychological treatment can be identified by a registered nurse, family members and personal care staff. However, they will need to be referred to the service by a GP, Nurse Practitioner or a Senior Registered Nurse.
To refer a client or if you have further enquiries about the Connections Count Program phone 08 6424 8177.
How can this service help clients in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs)?
- Our experienced, evidence based clinicians can provide practical, effective and confidential support to assist in managing varying resident behavioural or emotional issues.
- Connect family members & RACF healthcare providers with mental health counselling support for residents when needed.
- Enable early intervention and, where appropriate, provide psychological therapies to improve the overall mental health & wellbeing of residents.
Who is eligible?
- Consenting RACF Residents with a diagnosis of mental illness or assessed to be at risk of mental illness if they do not receive services. Priority is for residents with mild-moderate mental illness.
- Residents who are experiencing difficulties adjusting to life in RACFs.
- Residents from diverse and vulnerable communities, such as people from culturally diverse
backgrounds, people who identify as Aboriginal and the LGBTQI Community.
- Residents with a level of cognitive functioning can benefit from one on one & group sessions with a psychologist.
How do I get referred to the program?
Access to this program is easy. Your GP or Allied Health Professional just needs to complete a referral form. Simply click submit at the bottom of the form and we will be in contact.
Allied Health Providers include:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
Connection Counts Program: Key Information
To learn more about our aged care counselling services in Perth in aged care facilities please contact our Aged Care Team at Clear Health Psychology on (08) 6424 8177
- We offer face-to-face individual and telehealth appointments and can also organise and facilitate group therapy sessions if needed.
Referral to our Aged Care Counselling Service: