Key information you should know
- Eating disorders can affect people of all ages.
- Eating disorders are a serious mental condition that involves an unhealthy obsession with eating, exercising and/or body shape.
- A psychologist can help you with evidence based treatment.
At Clear Health Psychology we have psychologists and social workers that have a special interest in treating clients with eating disorder, body image issues, and perfectionism. An eating disorder is a serious mental condition and involves an unhealthy obsession with eating, exercising and/or body shape. Clear Health Psychology’ uses evidence-based treatment for clients who present with eating orders.
The most common eating disorders include:
- Binge eating disorder (BED)
- Bulimia nervosa
- Anorexia nervosa
What are some symptoms of an eating disorder:
- Dieting — counting calories/kilojoules, fasting, skipping meals, avoiding certain food groups.
- Binge eating — including the hoarding of food or the disappearance of food.
- Purging — frequent trips to the bathroom during or after eating.
- Too much exercise — continuing to exercise when sick or in bad weather.
- Eating in private
- Body image — becoming increasingly sensitive to comments about their body and/or weight.
- Change in clothing style — people may start to wearing baggy clothes.
- Weight changes
- Being cold, even in winter
Book an appointment with an experienced eating disorder psychologist or social worker at Clear Health Psychology
Many of our psychologists and social workers are experienced in helping clients with tailored treatment paths for their individual needs, with strategies and support to help you thrive.