Our depression therapists and psychologists are here to help.
Key information you should know
- Depression can be different for different people, but it is an extremely common issue.
- Around 20 percent of the population may experience a depressive episode at least once in their life.
- If you are a person living with depression, our psychologists will work with you to help you understand the underlying cause and triggers of depression through counselling.
Depression can present itself in many forms. While some people display a consistently low or flat mood, others may not be able to enjoy once enjoyable aspects of life. If you are depressed, keep in mind that you are not alone.
The registered psychologists and clinical psychologists at Clear Health Psychology can provide tailored support and counselling to help you overcome these challenging times.
We aim to create a safe space where you can be listened to and understood. We also enable you to challenge issues and learn strategies that you can use for life.
How do I know if I have depression?
Depression or low mood symptoms can result from issues related to childhood trauma, family experiences, genetic disposition or significant events such as a serious illness, job loss, separation or divorce, or the loss of a loved one. Often, there is a link between an event and depression; and yet for others, there may be no clear relationship.
While the degree of depression or low mood symptoms can vary from person to person, it can be overwhelming and constant for some. It is important for those experiencing depression to seek help and support.
Symptoms of depression can include:
- Persistent feelings of low mood and sadness.
- A lack of interest in hobbies or once enjoyable activities.
- Feelings of despair, hopelessness and worthlessness.
- Feeling teary. Difficulty controlling emotions.
- Anxiety or feelings of panic.
- Irritability or anger.
- Difficulty concentrating and focusing.
- Memory lapses or indecisiveness.
- Loss of motivation.
- Fatigue and lack of energy.
- Feeling as if life is not worth living or self harm.
- Social withdrawal and isolation.
- Loss or change of appetite.
- Insomnia (inability to sleep or broken sleep).
- Loss of libido
Treatment & support for depression
We work with experienced psychologists, many of whom are experienced in evidence-based therapies for treating depression. If you’re looking for depression help in Perth, we’re here to support you and find the right therapist for you.
Some of the therapy models that our psychologists use include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Schema Therapy
Book an appointment with one of our depression psychologists
To learn more about our depression counselling services in Perth or to speak to a depression therapist, please contact Clear Health Psychology on (08) 6424 8177. We offer both face-to-face and telehealth appointments at all Clear Health Psychology clinic locations.