Key information you should know
- Ensuring that you support your child through the difficulties of adolescence is incredibly important.
- Teens going through adolescence can experience issues with depression, anxiety, impulsivity and risky or dangerous behaviour.
- Our psychologists are experienced in helping adolescents with their mental health in a supportive, comfortable manner.
It’s important that in their adolescent years, teenagers learn healthy coping mechanisms, gain self-confidence, and learn how to set boundaries. The teenage years can be incredibly difficult for some adolescents and they require the additional support to help them achieve their long-term goals.
Does my teenager need to see a psychologist?
It can be difficult to know whether your teenager needs to see a psychologist. Severe anxiety may easily be overlooked as common nervousness around school life. While most people can benefit from therapy, there are some situations where it is especially needed.
When it comes to adolescents, some of the common reasons a psychologist might be a good choice include:
- Excessive signs of stress
- Body image issues
- Trouble with relationships
- School and study issues
- Suicidal thought
- Signs of depression
- Extreme anxiety
- Struggles with emotional regulation
- Sleep difficulties
- Disordered eating
Book an appointment
To learn more about our adolescents’ counselling services in Perth, please contact Clear Health Psychology on (08) 6424 8177. We offer both face-to-face and Telehealth appointments at all Clear Health Psychology clinic locations.