*Currently not accepting new clients
Amy is passionate about ensuring people feel respected, heard, and welcome.
Amy has run several group programs for children and adolescents including; social skills and emotional regulation group programs . She is comfortable and confident in working with people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexualities, and gender identities.
Her personal approach to therapy is client-centered, working from a humanist perspective to understand the individual, their relationships, and their worldview. Amy’s personal approach to counselling is to consider each client with compassion, understanding, and curiosity, in a warm and non-judgmental manner to establish trust and maintain rapport.
Amy’s main therapeutic approaches draw from elements of:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectal Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Schema Therapy (ST)
- Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT).
Amy has additional experience and training in applying CBT for insomnia (CBT-I) and trauma (TF-CBT). Amy is also experienced in administering and interpreting a wide range of psychometric tests to address learning, behaviour, and mental health needs.
Amy’s professional interests include:
- Working with children, adolescents and their families.
- LGBTIQ+ related issues / Gender identity
- Trauma (particularly developmental, relational, and sexual trauma).
- Grief and loss
- Emotional regulation and distress tolerance
- Depression & Anxiety
- Parenting challenges
- Interpersonal difficulties
- Insomnia and sleep issues
- Aggressive and challenging adolescent behaviour
- Family dysfunction and adjustment
- Relationship issues
- Play Therapy
- Learning difficulties
Amy’s career highlights include delivering two-day training courses to large groups and experiencing therapy as a corrective experience for clients who have experienced childhood and relational trauma.
Appointment duration: 51 minutes
Individuals: $225.00 per appointment
Medicare rebate is available with a Mental Health Care Plan for individual appointments.
Cancellation Policy: Appointments are precious and we appreciate you giving at least 24 hours notice if you can not attend. For cancellations under 24 hours, 50% of the session rate will apply with no Medicare rebate.
Please note: Amy does not take bookings for children under 5 years of age.